1. First, scroll to the bottom of your screen and choose click the left-hand menu button. You may have to insert your password to access the menu.
2. Once you are on the Main menu, select Network at the top of the screen and then click Email on the left.
3. You will now need to fill in each parameter exactly as I do to ensure that your emails send correctly.
4. First ensure that Email is ticked on, if not tick it. Your encryption needs to be set to Auto.
5. From here we can start to input our specific details. Please set your SMTP port to ‘00587’.
6. If you are sending emails to a Gmail account then you need to use ‘smtp.gmail.com’ as your SMTP Server. However, if you are sending emails to a Hotmail account then you need to use ‘smtp.live.com’ as your SMTP Server. I am using a Gmail account for this example.
7. (If you are using neither of these two email providers then you will need to look on google for the SMTP server that your email provider is using.)
8. OK once all that is set up you will need to set up your username and password parameters. Your username is going to be the email address that you are sending your notifications to. The password will be the password that you use to sign into your email account.
9. Next we will setup the Sender and Recipients. The Sender will also be set as your email address. As will the first recipient. If you want to send email notifications to more than one email address then you can add more recipients.
10. The next step is to decide the interval that you want to send emails. The lower the Interval the more emails that will be sent. I would suggest setting this around 5 minutes or above.
11. Now that this is all setup, we need to click Apply in the bottom right corner.
12. Now we are ready to test our email notifications are being sent. Click Email Test and hopefully you will see a pop-up menu appear on your recorder that reads ‘Test email was successful’
13. You can now check your email account on your device for a test email.
14. You must ensure to check in your Gmail accounts Security settings for Less secure app access and set this to On.
15. To do this you need to open your Gmail account on your mobile device, tap your account name in the top right corner and select 'Manage your Google Account'. From here you need to select the Security tab and scroll down to the 'Less secure app access' section and set this to ON.
16. Once you have ensured that this is switched on you will need to send your Test email to ensure everything is working as intended.